Amusement parks, theme parks, attractions, zoos, aquariums, museums, family entertainment centers, farm stands, agritourism, eco-tourism, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, ski resorts... anyplace people go to have fun!
Large scale or small... and everything in between!
At the core of great performance is great training. Give your staff and leaders the tools they need to succeed!
- Interactive Keynotes for conferences or large groups
- Targeted workshops for smaller teams to dive deeper into topics and build rapport
- Facilitation for all programs is interactive, fun and engaging!
- All sessions customized to your audience and needs; can range from 90 minutes to multiple days
- Most popular session topics
- The Myth of Employee Burnout (can be combined with The Myth of Employee Burnout Training Program)
- Cause and Effect of Leadership
- Aligning Your 3 P's: Passion, Personality & Purpose
- The Rhythm of Teamwork
- Connect the Dots - How to Provide Outstanding Customer Service
To schedule a time to learn more about training programs and delivery options, click here.
How many sports teams have a coach? All of them! At times, leaders need guidance and encouragement, too.
- In-depth one-on-one coaching for those who supervise staff members and/or other leaders
- Process starts with a behavioral assessment to determine areas of strength and weakness
- Regular meetings (via Skype, phone, or in person) scheduled by the week or month, working on current issues and long range improvement goals
- Great for developing new leaders and keeping experienced leaders on track
- 6 and 12 month programs available, along with custom options based on need
- Form of group coaching, where the participants are also the coaches
- 4-5 peers (from different companies) meet bi-weekly via Skype to discuss issues and advise one another
- Program length: 6 months
- Builds leadership and networking skills
To learn more about the Mastermind program, click here.
- Gather your leadership team for a few days of facilitated brainstorming and decision-making
- Dedicated time away to work on specific business goals and intiatives
- Held offsite to maximize engagement
To discuss retreat options and objectives, click here.
Services: Writing and stand alone programs
- LeaderTips Blog - since 2009, this has been the resource for articles on leadership, customer service and employee engagement for the attractions industry
- The Myth of Employee Burnout book - explores why some employees lose motivation (burnout) over time and what leaders can do about it. This is the basis for The Myth of Employee Burnout Supervisor Training Program.
- ALL CLEAR! A Practical Guide for First Time Leaders and the People Who Support Them - this book provides valuable resources for those moving into their first leadership role, as well the people who are overseeing that process. Target release date: November, 2017.
- Newsletter - fun articles and resources delivered to your inbox. For access (and a special gift) click here.
- The Myth of Employee Burnout Supervisor Training Program is a stand alone (self-guided) training system that prepares your supervisors to lead well and eliminate burnout. There are 8 sessions that can be delivered over 8 weeks, to ensure good habits are formed and that the learning sticks.
For more information on any of the services above, or to schedule a time to talk with Matt, click here.
Partial list of clients:
- Cedar Fair (corporate)
- Six Flags (corporate)
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
- Knoebels Amusement Resort
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum
- Apex Parks Group
- Zoo Miami and Zoo Miami Foundation
- Florida Attractions Association
- Omaha Children's Museum
- Dallas Zoo
- Schlitterbahn Waterparks and Resorts
- Maize (Corn Maze) Conference
- Kings Island
- Dorney Park
- Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose
- Wet 'N' Wild SplashTown - Houston
- Six Flags America
- Six Flags Great Adventure
- Six Flags Great America
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- North American Farm Direct Marketers Association
- New England Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Stone Mountain
- Bowling Proprietors Association of America
- Sk8 Expo
- Roller Skating Assocation
- Story Land
- Santa's Village AZOOsment Park
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Silverwood Theme Park
- Lagoon Park
- Whitings Foods
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- American Pyrotechnics Association
- Texas Public Pool Council